Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Barbecue: an epilogue

Just got this photo, which was taken later that night at a party in Ikebukuro. Sakura House, the company that owns my apartment, puts on these mixers so that English-speaking Japanese people can meet Sakura House's gaijin clients. It's a great way to make friends in a place as vast and foreign as Tokyo. An array of urban professionals, European backpackers, salarymen and college students all show up to drink and chat. It's a friendly, unassuming crowd. This is where I made a lot of my post-earthquake friends, many of whom show up in my Hanami pictures. Incidentally, this is also where I first met Hiro.



I look pretty goofy in this photo, but I wanted to post it anyway because Hiro's so darn cute. Despite my hapless look, I'm probably the only person there who wasn't drinking. (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment